Wednesday, November 9, 2011

a few words on moving on...

November 9, 2011....


Our move is going to happen in various stages. Mr. H will move to Ho Chi Minh City first while I hold down the fort back in England. School years have to finish, packing has to be done and plans have to made as to how we will make the transition. We are not new to this scenario. We spent a year apart, with Mr. H in London for a year while we stayed back in Auckland to finish the school year. Having teenage children adds another layer of complexity to a move. In my mind, thier wellbeing has to come first. We all managed to see each other every 10-12 weeks. It was a long year but we grew in many positive ways as well. I always look for the silver lining in every cloud. If you look hard enough, you can usually find one.

I am lucky in that I have this time up my sleeve. In most cases you have a few weeks to work with or three months at best. It is November 2011 and I have until June 2012....a bit of breathing space. In the meantime, I have to create a list of what needs to be done. It always starts with the things we do not want to bring with us. Can I just say, I have created this list for four moves and each time, those same things end up being shipped along with us. This time...I will really make the effort...really. :)

3 comments:

  1. I so want to spend some time abroad, but I wouldn't be able to let go of anything. I can see myself arriving in a new country with a container full of every single thing I own:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carina...it happens! Try two containers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine the things ahead of you that you must tackle to make this move...no matter the work involved it is a grand adventure Jeanne...I'm sure all your blogging friends wish you the very best and can't wait to be taken along on this next exciting ride.

    ReplyDelete