Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vietnamese coffee..cafe sua da

www.coffeegeek.com

It did not take me long to become obsessed with Vietnamese coffee. 
One hot morning, with nothing but the thought of a cool drink on my mind,
I decided to try a cafe sua da. It was delicious..in fact it was so 
good, I had another. In hindsight, I may have been pushing it with two. 
I did not know at the time that they are made with sweetened condensed milk...
up to 1/4 cup, depending on who is making it. I have since requested that they go light 
on the cream...heavy on the ice.

I am making note for future use. As soon as we settle into Vietnam, 
I am going to purchase the lot. I can't wait! 

You can watch a video on how to make cafe sua da here... http://youtu.be/6weM0-n2GD8

Or you can read all about it here... http://coffeegeek.com/guides/vietnameseiced

Have you tried cafe sua da?

4 comments:

  1. MMM... nothing quite like it hey Jeanne?.. one morning at breakfast I had one even! Funny enough I haven't made it @ home yet, but I do have the Vietnamese amazing coffee cup filters.. works like a best friend daily for me! (Like in the background of your picture).. I even wanted to import them into Au!!! but somebody beat me to the idea.. brilliant absolutely brilliant. I am SO enjoying reading your impressions of V.. and of course seeing all your stunning photography.. Oh.. enjoy the anticipation of your move .. I wish you all the best in V.. x j

    ReplyDelete
  2. No but I am going to try!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanne,
    I think that your next move to Vietnam will be another great adventure and wish you and your family all the best. I'm in the waiting period myself, are we staying here or going somewhere else...it's sometimes tiring for the mind, but when I read your optimistic posts, here and on Collage of Life, I feel better so thanks for that. Have a good week,
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This can be a finest article for this subject matter I've ever read. I'm really quite satisfied with it. Maintain running a blog!

    here

    ReplyDelete