Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sweet things...Streetside


I was standing outside my sons school on Friday, 
ready to greet him with our usual TGIF (Thank Goodness it's Friday) 
when I suddenly noticed a flutter of activity around me. People had arrived 
from all over to sell their wares and food. I was intrigued by this woman's 
self-made kitchen and decided to do the right thing and support the local community. 





Imagine delicate, waffle shaped, crispy wafers, in an intricate little heart shape 
pattern followed by doughy sweetness in the shape of a fortune cookie.
All of this was created in the make shift grill below.



They were to hard to resist and were equally delicious. 
I will be back for more, next time I will save a few for dessert...
I think they would look and taste lovely alongside a scoop 
each of mango and passion fruit sorbet.



All of these thoughts...in a fleeting moment 
on a Friday afternoon in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

TGFF
(Thank Goodness for Friday's)


Photos by Jeanne Henriques

1 comment:

  1. Jeanne - every day, every step is another discovery. This woman's ability to create those delicate treats w/ her make-shift cooktop makes me ashamed of my ban on cooking until I get a decent cooker.
    Have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy tonights party. It does sound fabulous but I'm like you, all too often staying home, comfy and relaxed, is all too appealing! xx

    ReplyDelete