Friday, November 30, 2012

Historical snapshots...Vietnam


Old photographs and maps. 
Hard to resist.
I walked into a shop in Ho Chi Minh City,
and spotted a stack of photographs tucked away 
in the back of the shelf. 
I pulled it out, sat down on a little stool 
and slowly took each one in.
I selected my favourites.

A snapshot of history..
Photograph of Ho Chi Minh...1951
Photograph of Richard Nixon on visit to Vietnam...1953
Landscape scenes...time and location uncertain.
Map of Vietnam...1976

It's the little things...



2 comments:

  1. So interesting...I have several boxes of slides taken by my dad when he was in Vietnam as a POW interrogator during the Vietnam war (sometime between 67-69)and wish so much he was still here to tell me about all of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold onto them Caroline..perhaps a local veteran could explain them to you. I am sure many would appreciate your interest. Best wishes...

    ReplyDelete