Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Connecting to the past...Vietnam




Something you can not help doing when living in Viet Nam 
is connecting to the past. 
I have been collecting old photographs and maps 
in my travels around Vietnam. 
They are hard to find but when I do find one 
it feels like I have struck gold. 

The top image is a collage of old photographs
I found a while back. 
The ones below are recent... 
and my favourites.




Every day is a new adventure in Viet Nam...
I always wonder what I will discover next.

Are you a collector? 
If so, I would love to know what you like to collect.
Hunters and gatherers are a unique breed..
 more on that topic here.
#bowerbirdfriends

4 comments:

  1. I love your posts. Thanks for being authentically you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly live well ... wherever you are. I really admire that about you, Jeanne.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, what do I collect?! ...books, animal bookends, chairs(not very practical), and art:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent two full days and three evenings in Hanoi, which wasn't nearly enough time to explore all that the Vietnamese capital has to offer, but I did manage to visit eight cafes. vietnam visa

    ReplyDelete